« Home | Friday June 9th » | Tonight's Supper » | Recipes » | Stocking my pantry » | My First Post »

Tuesday June 13th

Tuesday June 13, 2006
For tonights supper I cut a round steak ($1.60) into pieces and sauted it with peppers and onions. I fixed candied carrots to go with it. The recipe came from HIllbilly House Wife (HBHW) and is SO easy! Thank you Maggie!
Candied Carrots
6-8 med. carrots, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup water
1 TBS butter
2 TBS sugar or honey
1/4 tsp salt
good dash of pepper
First prepare the carrots by clicing them to thin rounds. Place them in a saucepan with the water, butter, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring the carrots to a boil over high heat. Cover and let simmer for about 5 minutes. Remove the lid. Watching carefully cook the carrots until the water evaporates and the carrots are simmering in the butter. This will take about 5 more minutes. Remove from heat. They may be served immediately or reheated right before serving. Serves 4-6
Let me tell you about a little known secret: BarKeeper's Friend. This is stuff is awesome! Around here you can get it at the dollar general 21oz for $1.50. A little goes along way and it will clean anything. It works better if you use it dry though. When I moved into my "cottage" the fridge was really dirty on the outside. I used alittle bit of BarKeeper's Friend and in no time the fridge looked brand new! Now in our new house the sink had spots on it from I guess hard water? And there was a ring in the bottom of it where water stands in it. Guess what I called to my rescue? Thanks Mama!

About me

  • I'm Kelly
  • From
  • I'm a 22 year old mom and wife. I'm the WAHM behind Butterfly Scentsations and Under the Cherry Tree congo.
My profile

Change Jar Total: $32.85 (as of 7/18)