« Home | Menu Plan for this week » | Living in the sticks » | Chili Recipe, A Complete Pantry list and other ram... » | Free Corn & Taters!! And my coin jar » | Freebie Friday (a day late) » | Grocery Budget for this week » | 2 recipes » | Snack foods? » | Oven Baked Swiss Steak » | Saving $ in the laundry room »

1 Item you could do without?

I was reading on a message board and they were talking about what 5 convience items could you give up.
Well I wanted to start small (mainly b/c we already don't use alot of convience items anyway) Soooo What 1 convience item could you do without? Some examples are dryer, dishwasher, hairdryer, TV, coffee shop coffee, lunch out once a week, etc. It could be anything.

I rarely use my dryer (only when its raining or to make my line dried clothes fluffy and bug free), we don't go out to eat really, the TV is only on mainly at night, etc. So this is going to require alot of thought. lol I'll get back to you on it.

In the mean time, What one item could you do without?

More to come,
MrsB

Hello Mrs. B!
I read daily, but rarely comment. :)
I don't own a hair-fryer nor a dishwasher. I have being using a non-electric hand-held can opener for years now and have never missed my electric one. I use a wooden clothes drying rack when the weather won't allow me to dry on the line outside. I probably would never miss the tv, the sandwich maker, the bread toaster, the microwave, and the coffee maker. Oh I donated a waffle maker, a blender and george foreman-type of grill months ago so I guess I wouldn't miss those either. :)

Oh there are so many things I could do without, but #1 has to be the TV. It takes over, and before you know it your parked there watching something dumb instead of doing the dishes. I also hate the way it turns my Husband and children into zombies. I try and keep the cabinet closed as much as possible and am working on weaning everyone.

I have used my smoothie maker only once, my sandwich maker 2 times and I haven't ever used my breadmaker or yogurt maker. Other stuff I don't even own: hairdryer, dishwasher, television, waffle maker, toaster, deep fryer, food processor and grill. What do I use daily? Our 5 computers and 2 microwaves.

How about the TV (got rid of it a couple of years ago with no regrets), the second car, the treadmill (we live in beautiful CO and should be out enjoying nature), the second & third (!!) computers, the dishwasher, the steam cleaner for the carpet, the bread maker, the rice cooker, & the toaster oven?

I have never owned a microwave, a freezer, a coffee maker, a George Foreman grill, a waffle maker, or a deep fryer.

I'm keeping the original laptop, the hair dryer (on second thought, I suppose I could cut my hair shorter), the blender, (I love smoothies!), the stand mixer, and the washer & dryer.

Post a Comment