« Home | Works for Me Wednesday » | 1 Item you could do without? » | Menu Plan for this week » | Living in the sticks » | Chili Recipe, A Complete Pantry list and other ram... » | Free Corn & Taters!! And my coin jar » | Freebie Friday (a day late) » | Grocery Budget for this week » | 2 recipes » | Snack foods? »

No $$ Spent so far!!

Hi!
Can you believe that its already Thursday and I've spent $0 so far?! And we only need a couple of things from the grocery store sooo I'll probably either go tomorrow if I can come with more things that I need OR I'll just wait until next week. :-)

We added $1.09 to the change jar last night. Yay for us!!

I'm doing pretty good at sticking to the menu plan I made! Tuesday night we had Mozzerela Chicken Sammies with BBQ potatoes. This was SO quick, easy and yummy!
I cut 4 (4oz) chicken breasts up into bite size pieces and sprinkled oregano, basil and garlic powder on them. Then I diced up a half of green pepper and onion and a whole roma tomato. Threw everything into a hot frying pan (that had a little olive oil in the bottom) and cooked until done. Then I took some leftover french bread and toasted the slices in a hot buttered frying pan. Put the chicken on the bread with some mozzerela & cheddar cheese and a little lettuce.
Yummy!

For the BBQ potatoes (I think I might've posted this recipe before) Boil the potatoes until done. I drained about 1/4-1/2 of the water off (but you don't have to) add some butter, salt, pepper, and ketchup. Mix and heat through. Serve. I don't measure so I don't know how much ketchup I use. I like it really tomato-y, but its up to your taste.

Last night we had turkey sandwiches and chips. Not on the menu plan but we had to go to town and do some things so I had to change it.

Tonight is Italian Pork Chops and Praline Sweet Potatoes. Since I like to make up the recipes as I go alot of times I'll post them tomorrow. :-)

More to come,
MrsB

Hello Mrs. B,
I started my challenge today and spent $42.43 total. I am not able to do a pantry stock-up right now so I guess even though I went over my amount I am not doing so badly. I am also going to try and stretch out my next shopping a bit to help out.

Thanks much, Lyn

Way to go Lyn!! I go over on my budget almost every week. lol I'm getting better though.

This is very interesting site...
» »

Post a Comment