« Home | No $$ Spent so far!! » | Works for Me Wednesday » | 1 Item you could do without? » | Menu Plan for this week » | Living in the sticks » | Chili Recipe, A Complete Pantry list and other ram... » | Free Corn & Taters!! And my coin jar » | Freebie Friday (a day late) » | Grocery Budget for this week » | 2 recipes »

Fridays shopping trip

OK I finally had to go shopping. lol But I carpooled with my mom so no money spent in gas. yay!
From Aldi:
Butter $1.99
Olive Oil $3.59
Pretzels $0.99
Cheddar Cheese $1.49
Montery Jack & Colby block cheese $1.49
Brownie Mix $0.99
Cheesecake $1.59
Eggs $0.65
8pk Gatorade (store brand) $3.99
Ketchup $0.99
2 liter drink $0.49
Sugar $1.85 x2
Creamer $1.99
Chapstick (store brand) $0.49
Paper bag $0.05
Total w/ tax $25.52

Staples (I need these items for the business I'm starting)
4pk glue sticks $0.99
Mini Gel Pens (12 ct) $2.99
Keychain calculator $0.99
Total w/ tax $5.32

At Big Lots I got a 14.5oz can of Fire-roasted tomatoes for $0.70, 2 cracker & chicken salad snacks $0.99 each and a 20oz drink $1.05. My total was around $4 (I lost my receipt so I don't know the exact total. Opps.

Total for the day was $34.54....Yay! Under budget this week!!

MTC,
MrsB

Mrs. B,
Okay, I am probably your #1 fan - can you tell, lol?

You did a very good job on your trip! I still cannot get over the low prices you are able to get at Aldi's! That is amazing.

My only saving grace is a little mom-and-pop fruit/veggie store that has a reduced rack. I can often find good deals - some days the produce I would not buy. But for example this week I bought a package of 6 green peppers for .69 I believe. At the regular grocery store here green peppers are $1.19/lb. In the cooler months it's usually $1.99/lb or even higher. Prices are just really bad here. Buying deals is a MUST here or we won't eat.

At some point I may do a pantry stock - but the funds are not there right now. Thanks for the encouragement too, I don't think I did so badly this week.

Hey, if you want, maybe we could email each other? Just a thought, but I am willing - maybe we can encourage each other.

BTW, congrats on being newly married and your cottage. I would love to hear about your new home.

Okay, long enough - take care! Lyn

Hi Lyn!
Thats an awesome price for green peppers!
I wouldn't worry too much about the pantry stock. As long you have some essentials on hand I don't think it would be that big of a deal right now.
You can email me at kgardner85@yahoo.com
MrsB

Mrs. B,
You are doing a great job! Keep it up.
Paula

That's a great story. Waiting for more. » »

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it Boating camping fishing

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!

Post a Comment