« Home | Fridays shopping trip » | No $$ Spent so far!! » | Works for Me Wednesday » | 1 Item you could do without? » | Menu Plan for this week » | Living in the sticks » | Chili Recipe, A Complete Pantry list and other ram... » | Free Corn & Taters!! And my coin jar » | Freebie Friday (a day late) » | Grocery Budget for this week »

Italian Pork Chops & Praline Sweet Potatoes

OK I promised the recipes so here they are. :-)
For the pork chops I put them in a glass dish and sprinkled salt, pepper, and italian seasoning. Then I poured some italian dressing over them and baked until done. How easy, right?

Praline Sweet Potatoes
2 - 29 ounce cans of Sweet Potatoes or Yams, drained OR 6 cups of peeled, chopped and boiled fresh sweet potatoes or yams
1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans preferred)
1/2 cup coconut
1/2 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons melted margarine
Heat the oven to 350°. Arrange the drained sweet potatoes in a well oiled 2 quart casserole. In a small bowl, mash together the remaining ingredients. Sprinkle this liberally over the tops of the sweet potatoes. Bake for about half an hour, or until the top is crispy brown. This is a wonderful change from marshmallow topped sweet potatoes around the holidays. Whenever I serve this dish I am inundated with requests for the recipe. Excellent for holiday potlucks. Serves about 8.
Thanks Miss Maggie at HBHW for the praline sweet potato recipe!

An a change jar update (Its missing from the sidebar, who knows where it went? lol) We have $32.85 so far!!!! woohoo!!

MTC,
MrsB

Hey Mrs. B.,
Thanks for the recipes. They sound yummy! As for the chops, What is the oven temp suppose to be? and How long did ya cook 'em? Thanks!
Paula

Mrs. B,
Your change jar amount is under "about me" and this is at the top of your right side:

"Remove this line 1/2 to show the profile"

Just wanted to let you know!

Lyn

I cooked them at 350* for about 30 minutes.

Thanks Lyn! I got it now. lol For some reason I couldn't see it on this computer.

OMG this sounds delish. I've got to try it.

Post a Comment