« Home | Snickerdoodles anyone? » | Italian Pork Chops & Praline Sweet Potatoes » | Fridays shopping trip » | No $$ Spent so far!! » | Works for Me Wednesday » | 1 Item you could do without? » | Menu Plan for this week » | Living in the sticks » | Chili Recipe, A Complete Pantry list and other ram... » | Free Corn & Taters!! And my coin jar »

I'm Back, Black Friday & Maternity clothes

Hi everyone!! I hope y'all are still visiting me. :-) Sorry I went MIA. Its a long story so I'll make it short.
On August 2nd my dh and I found out we were expecting our first child. Yay!! A week later morning sickness kicked in BIG time and I spent the next 2 weeks not eating or drinking, and throwing up 24/7. I ended up at the ER and spent some time in the hospital. Now here we are 3 months later and I've been in the hospital 7 times, spending most of the last 3 months in there. Come to find out I have Hyperemisis (sp?) which basically morning sickness 24/7 that lasts beyond the first trimester in most cases. I'm on 4 different medicines to help keep me in line. I've had a good last week or so until day before yesterday when we started cleaning out closets and the nursery and I got behind on my eating and drinking. Yesterday I had to back to the ER for 2 bags of fluids but today I'm much better. Anyway, I'm 17 weeks pregnant now and we go back to the doctor on the 7th on Nov to for a weight check and to find out what gender our little pumpkin is.
I won't be here everyday like I was for now, but I'll post as much as I can. I'm getting ready for Christmas while I'm still not to big to walk around the stores. LOL

So enough about me. Let's talk about Black Friday. Last year I went shopping for the first time on BF and got some good deals. I found out that the small Wal-Mart here is better to go than the Super Centers b/c NO ONE goes there! lol I walked in, got my deals and walked out (after paying of course. lol) This year I hope to be able to do the same. We'll see. Anyway, the BF ads are already making their way to the Internet. So far all I've seen are Ace Hardware and KMart. If you go to blackfriday.gottadeal.com to see a list of the deals so far. Hopefully Wal-Mart and Eckerd will be up soon.

Maternity clothes..... Who has the best deal on these?? Our thrift shops don't have any maternity clothes what so ever. Arghhh! I checked the yard sale ads last weekend and no one listed any. I'll check again this weekend and see what I can find.

Keep an eye out for ALOT of Christmas and baby posts to be posted here. Christmas is my favorite time of year. :-)

More to come,
MrsB

I'm glad you are feeling a bit better!

I've found Kmart to have the most affordable--yet wearable--maternity clothes. Otherwise, kids' consignment stores usually have good selections of maternity clothes, too.
Don't forget to put out an appeal on Freecycle, Craig's List or informally through friends. Practically everyone I know has a bag of maternity stashed somewhere!

Thanks Meredith!! I'll have to check those places out.

Glad to have you back! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Post a Comment