« Home | Freecycle AND It's A............ » | Graham Cracker Mini Gingerbread Houses » | I'm Back, Black Friday & Maternity clothes » | Snickerdoodles anyone? » | Italian Pork Chops & Praline Sweet Potatoes » | Fridays shopping trip » | No $$ Spent so far!! » | Works for Me Wednesday » | 1 Item you could do without? » | Menu Plan for this week »

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Hi Everyone! I wanted to wish everyone a very belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a great Christmas!
I know I've been hopelessly slack on posting anything even after I said I was feeling better and would start posting again. But now I've come up with a way to hopefully solve this problem. :-) I don't have the internet at home, I come next door to my mom's house to use the Net. But I do have my laptop at home. So I'm going to write my posts at home on the laptop when I have time, and then I'll put them on cd and come to Mom's and post them. :-) At least this is the plan. LOL That will also make it easier once the baby comes along. I promise to start posting my grocery totals again soon!

My DH got me a CD for my laptop for Christmas that has like 5,000 recipes, a pantry list, grocery list, etc. I think its called Mastercook. As I try recipes from the CD I'll post them for you all. :-)

When I started my grocery challenge I was only shopping the sales and didn't pay much attention to the price of the meats that weren't on sale. Well when I finally started grocery shopping and cooking again a few weeks ago we desperately needed meats in our freezer. So I had no choice but to check out the "non-sale" meats at the grocery store. I had no idea we could eat for so cheap even without sales! Now granted its just the 2 of us right now, so this may not work for those of you with larger families. Its perfect for singles or couples. At our Piggly Wiggly I can get a Pork Tenderlion that is around 1/2 pound for less than $2. Stew Beef, Round Steak, and Pork Ribs in portions perfect for one meal for us all can be bought for less than $2 a pack, usually closer to $1.50. I can get enough meat to last us a week for around $10 which leaves $30 for my other groceries (potatoes, carrots, canned veggies, paper items, etc) And I've been having alittle left over to pick up myself a quick meal from a fast food place while shopping or buying a little something we will need for the baby.

Now I'm on the quest for lots of recipes that use Pork Tenderlion and Round Steak so we don't get tired of them. LOL

OK thats all for now.

More To Come,
MrsB